Friday, February 29, 2008

Never Too Young For High Heels


Sometimes we have young mothers or sassy grandmoms come in with toddlers. They ooh and awe at the purses and stare longingly at the women's high heel shoes in our shoe room. A grin the size of Kansas appears, and I can swear I see almost tears. The young moms or now nervous grandmoms command "Don't touch!". This, of course, translates to a child as a challenge to inspect the shiny treasures with their grubby little hands whenever the peer is out of earshot, or in this case, eyesight.


Well, as you can imagine, having a small boutique we cannot tolerate some small monsters (I mean lovable little people), but there are some favorites that DO come in that we love to see over and over again.


When this little angel popped in and pointed to the "Cinderella's Shoes", we could resist putting her in heels and letting her strut the runway. This is Aimee Ward and her little treasure of a grandchild. I said I would post this and I lost the image so you can imagine my excitement when I found it. Aimee is from Finger Lakes Gallery and Frame and does a wonderful job working with the community. This picture is from last summer and I can't wait for the new Spring Shoes to arrive.
Speaking of new, I apologize for not writing for so long, but we've been wrapped up with the holidays and going to new shoes for shoes and gifts. We have updated our scented soy candles page of our other store and are in the process of re-doing Cinderella's page itself. We are bringing in gorgeous new Spring Shoes and Sandals, including new ones from LifeStride, and Eric Michaels, a gorgeous to die for collection made in Spain.
So keep in touch, I will be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute