Friday, May 18, 2007

So you say you can't wear heels?

We get at least five women a day saying they can't wear heels. "Oh, in my young days, I used to," they chirp, as they longingly gaze at our selection of Pierre Dumas four inch high heels. Then they spot a pair of Amanda two inch shoes and ponder. "Even these will bother me."As I gaze down to there sneakers, or worse, crocs (shudder), I can't help but feel sad. Sad for them that they can't enjoy the satisfaction of wearing heels, feeling taller, more powerful, more sexier, more woman. Then I think about something. Why should I feel sad? I can't wear these heels either, but you don't see anyone sympathizing with me. I ask these flat shoe stompers why can't they wear these heels anymore. Their replies varies: surgeries, kids, and the dreaded, I have no where to go. Later about that subject though. If you say you can't wear heels I may call you a liar, or at least a chicken. I try to inspire them and ask them if they would at least try them on. I may get a blush, or a tiny sparkle from an eye, and if they say no I say to them, "Listen, if those girls on Dancing With the Stars can flip, turn, and do splits with four inch heels, you can certainly walk in two inch heels." After a short pause that is filled with angst and emotion they agree to try on those two inch heels, and love them. Sometimes they buy them, sometimes they don't. They announce that they may go for the three inch next time, and soon enough, ahh, well. Another woman who couldn't believe she can wear heels, and was actually afraid to just try them on. Go on, try those heels, those wrap around ankle sandals, those sexy stilletos that you wouldn't be caught dead in when going to church. You're here to have fun, you're hear to try on shoes. Who knows, you may even learn to live dangerously. Visit Cinderella's Shoes and Bags (http://www.cinderellasnewyork.com)

No comments: